There are many challenges in performing security audits, but two of the most frequently cited are limited staff resources and the manual collection of data and evidence of compliance. When there are limited staff resources, the audit process takes longer to complete, and a few individuals are burdened with completing the audit in addition to their day-to-day responsibilities. They are also tasked with keeping track of what needs to be done, what has been done, and what is past due.
The manual collection of data and evidence of compliance can be time-consuming and costly for the organization. The more difficult it is for auditors to access the information they need, the more it costs the organization. An auditor from a significant accounting firm once shared that 80% of the audit can be done easily, sometimes with software automation tools, but the remaining 20% ends up taking most of the time and billing hours.
At Work.software, we aim to help organizations overcome these challenges. Our platform offers a centralized place to organize audit tasks, schedule them at a predefined frequency, and provide real-time status updates. We also have a solution that takes 22 manual criteria and formalizes them to the extent that we can export or synchronize to Vanta all the evidentiary data into the specific criteria folder and down to the control level. This makes the process of manual data collection and evidence gathering faster and more cost-effective.
In addition to streamlining the manual process, our platform can also help with various other audit-related tasks, such as organizing meetings, developing and reviewing checklists and policies, and managing procedures for hiring, onboarding, and exiting employees. If any of these sound familiar, we invite you to reach out and see how we can help make your SOC 2 audit experience easier, faster, and less costly. Visit us at www.work.software to learn more.